FAQ >> Safety
Are the chemical glow stick light products safe?
All our chemical glow light sticks and products come in a sealed plastic case. Even if the outer casing of the glow light stick or glow light product is somehow punctured or broken open, the chemical contents are non-toxic and non-flammable. Contact with eyes or ingesting of the fluid should be avoided because irritation will result. There is also the possibility of an allergic reaction. Please keep in mind however that under normal use you will never come into contact with the fluid inside the glow light stick. Glow light products are not recommended for children under the age of 5 without adult supervision.
Glow sticks rely on the reaction between two non-toxic chemicals contained within in order to produce their glowing light. If these chemicals escape their vials due to a break or leak, the chemicals will not cause much harm if they come in contact with skin. However, here are a few safety precautions to consider before using a glow stick or light stick.
Glow sticks emit no actual heat and pose absolutely no danger in regards to burns or fires. Never intentionally consume the liquid inside the glow stick, it can potentially cause health risks. With that being said, when you are finished using your glow stick, dispose of it immediately to ensure it does not fall in the hands (or paws) of small children or pets.